Tips for parents at the time of hospitalization
- Inform the doctor about child’s allergies, both medicinal as these caused by food
- Inform the doctor of any medications that the child may be taking.
- Inform the doctor about the child diet.
- To make the stay more enjoyable to the child, talk to your doctor about your general attitude in similar situations.
- Ask your doctor which procedures will continue during hospitalization, in order to be in a better position to explain them to the child.
- Take all the necessary documentation (relevant previous reports, recent clinical analysis, preoperative report…).
- Take some of the child favorite toys to make him/her feel more secure.
- Don’t take other children at time of admission, if possible.